May 11, 2009

Darkon.



At the strong risk of alienating my readership, I am going to go ahead and make a very nerdy recommendation.

Godsbody turned me on to this online documentary, and something in my fantasy-loving past called to me to watch it. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. Something in role-play battle, Renaissance fairs, re-enactment culture, and like has always secretly appealed to me. I will grant that the behaviour of these enthusiasts can border on insane, and can in fact be debilitating to their real lives. I don't think I could ever become so seriously 'sucked in', either. But, having a very active imagination myself, I think I can comprehend the excitement.

A surprising, entertaining hour and a half. If you have the time, you just might enjoy it.

-Papermoon.

No comments: